The caregiver role is a big responsibility and it is very important. Caring for a loved one, family, or friend can be physically and emotionally draining and may be a little overwhelming. Caregiver responsibilities can be challenging and you may need support and preparation for your role. Below are some resources that may help you through your caregiving journey.
Resources available for a 3 week loan from the Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library
- Caregivers Guide for Canadians by Rick Lauber
- Caring for Aging Parents by Dr. Linda Rhodes
- Complete Guide to Family Caregiving by American Cancer Society
- Cancer Caregiving A To Z by American Cancer Society
- 100 Questions & Answers About Caring for Family or Friends with Cancer by Susannah Rose and Richard Hara
Free caregiving app for your mobile device
Ask at the library for more information
- CareZone is a secure, private place to manage and share information associated with caring for a child, parent, other family members or friends. Save important information, such as emergency contacts and medications, and invite extended family to keep everyone coordinated.
Canadian Caregiver Coalition: Click on “Resources” and “Community Supports” links at the top left side of the page
Caregiver Connect.ca: Click on “Caregiver Tools” and “Caregiver Resources”
Cancer Chat Canada: CancerChatCanada has online support groups for people who are caring for a family member, friend, or loved one with cancer. Caregivers can discuss important concerns, give and receive encouragement and support, and express feelings.
Ask library staff for a free copy today
Library Hours & Contact
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Phone: 416 946 4501 ext. 5383
Website: Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library