What if there were a place that actively engaged patients as partners in cancer care delivery in order to improve their overall health and wellbeing?
Dr. Pamela Catton
Welcome to ELLICSR: Health, Wellness, and Cancer Survivorship Centre!
ELLICSR is designed as a collaborative space for research into health, wellness and cancer survivorship. Here, we strive to better understand the cancer and survivorship experience in order to improve it. We look for fresh new ideas and approaches to improve health and wellness during and after cancer treatment. We endeavour to close the gap between what we already know works and what survivors do day to day to improve their own health and wellness.
We believe we can accomplish these goals by bringing together diverse groups of researchers, clinicians, educators, community organizations and cancer survivors to develop new communities of research and practice based here at ELLICSR.
ELLICSR at a Glance
ELLICSR inspires people to think differently about how to improve the health and quality of life of cancer survivors.
comfortable and open space encourages
unique collaborations of survivors with researchers, clinicians and community organizations to positively impact the quality and quantity of survivorship research conducted and survivorship care delivered.
Cancer survivors, including your family members, friends and caregivers, can:
- Find information on health and wellness
- Participate in a class or program, designed through research with survivor input
- Meet other survivors and share experiences, support each other and learn together
Researchers, clinicians and educators can:
- Make new discoveries in survivorship, innovate clinical processes and investigate new models of care delivery
- Positively impact the quality and quantity of survivorship research and care
- Make major contributions to improving the health and quality of life of cancer survivors
ELLICSR was made possible by grants from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation and the Ontario Research Fund along with the support of the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.
Come and join the ELLICSR community and help us achieve our vision for the future!