Be a part of cancer survivorship history by volunteering with the ELLICSR team!
ELLICSR is the first Cancer Survivorship Centre of its kind in Canada! It brings together researchers and survivors who wish to participate in their care for “survivor-centered research.” The facilities at ELLICSR have been designed with the purpose of leading the world in this field of study.
Volunteers at ELLICSR will help to provide patient-centred care by ensuring patients and families receive accurate and up-to-date health information in the form of books, websites, videos and pamphlets. They will also be able to help patients navigate the different educational programs which occur at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, ELLICSR and in the community.
As an ELLICSR volunteer, you will:
- Welcome visitors to ELLICSR and offer support to patients, family and friends, staff
- Talk with patients and families about the services available to them through ELLICSR and the Patient and Family Education and Cancer Rehabilitation & Survivorship programs
- Lend out books and resources from the ELLICSR Library collection
- Ensure that the collection of brochures and pamphlets in the ELLICSR resource library is stocked and up to date
- Help the ELLICSR Research Team with the administration of survivorship research projects
- Be a friendly face for all visitors and answer questions
- Open and close the centre
Click below to start the application process today!