Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees F
- Score a small X into the bottom of each tomato. Place the tomatoes (X side up), jalapeno, onion and garlic on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the skins of the vegetables start to darken slightly. Remove from oven, cool, and remove skins from the tomatoes and jalapeno.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender along with the vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse blend until combined, but still slightly chunky. Set aside.
Avocado Sour Cream
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mash with a fork until the mixture has a smooth texture.
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add peppers and onions and sauté for about 5 minutes, until slightly softer. Season with ½ tsp each of the smoked paprika and chili powder and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Set peppers and onions aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the black beans and cook for about 5 minutes until they start to break down slightly. Season with remaining smoked paprika and chili powder.
- Start to assemble your enchiladas by adding a little chicken, peppers, onion and black beans to each tortilla and roll into a tight wrap. Place the rolled wraps into a baking dish until the dish is full. Pour some of the salsa roja over the enchiladas until they are just covered and sprinkle the cheese over top. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is well melted.
- Serve with a small scoop of the avocado sour cream.