Visit the Patient & Family Library to check out these resources and to find many other health information resources.
Mobile health apps
These software applications or apps are free to download. Use them on your mobile device such as tablets, mobile phones, and portable computers. To learn more about mobile health apps, visit the Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library.
- Inpatient Hospice Palliative Care Directory: The Inpatient Hospice Palliative Care Directory app (HPC Ontario) helps users find Ontario facilities offering 24-hour care for patients facing a life-limiting illness. Users can search a map by city, address, or postal code, or by turning on the GPS function to get a list of Inpatient Hospice Palliative Care facilities in the area
- CareZone: This app is for people caring for a parent or other family member in need. Safely store and share information about how a loved one is doing, share medicine information,, appointments, and contacts with family, friends and caregivers. This app helps keep everyone coordinated!
- Relax Melodies by iLBSoft: Create a relaxing environment with Relax Melodies. Choose your own sleep or meditation music. Choose from different melodies such as bird and campfire sounds, flute and piano music and rain and wind sounds
- Music and Cancer: A prescription for healing by Nimesh Nagarsheth: This book helps convey the healing properties of music for cancer patients and their families. It outlines the connections between music and medicine and addresses a wide range of issues for the complete care of the cancer patient.
- These newly updated 100 Questions & Answer series books provides both doctor and patient views to answer all your questions about treatment options, post-treatment quality of life, sources of support, and much more
- 100 Questions & Answers About Lymphoma 3rd Edition by Peter Holman
- 100 Questions & Answers About Myeloma 3rd Edition by Asad Bashey
- 100 Questions & Answers About Liver Cancer 3rd Edition by Ghassan Abou-Alfa
- The Myeloma Survival Guide by Jim Tamkin: A guide for myeloma patients and caregivers on treatment options , side effect management, nutritional information, pain management, caregiving information and much more.
- Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life & Exercises and Meditations by Jon Kabat-Zinn (Audiobook): A simple guide on how to use meditation in everyday life, guided meditation instruction in yoga, mindful walking, and sitting meditation.
New or updated pamphlets now available in the library
Side Effect Management
Coping resources for families
Library Hours & Contact
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Phone: 416 946 4501 ext. 5383
Website: Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library