It’s National Volunteer Appreciation Week, and we at ELLICSR would like to say a huge “Thank you!” to all the volunteers who have given so generously of their time, energy and invaluable experience. All of you provide significant support for ELLICSR, the Patient & Family Library, and the Survivorship Clinic at the Princess Margaret.
Our team of 25 volunteers helps in all areas of the Patient Education program:
- Library volunteers are specially trained to help visitors find health information. They can help you find specific information or recommend resources that are available in the library or online. These volunteers work in the
Patient & Family Library at the Princess Margaret.
- Peer volunteers meet with you while you wait to be seen in the clinic. They can help point you to different resources around the hospital, or can just sit and chat about whatever you have on your mind. These volunteers work in the
- Reception volunteers are there to greet you when you arrive and make sure you get to your class or clinic appointment. They can also show you around and help you find resources. These volunteers work at
- Wellness Instructor volunteers support or run the wellness programming that goes on at ELLICSR, like
Healthy-Steps and the
ELLICSR Kitchen. These volunteers are trained professionals who share their expertise for free.
- Administration volunteers assemble information packages and distribute resources to make them available throughout the Princess Margaret.
- Community Connections booth volunteers are at every
Community Connections event to share information about what goes on in the Patient Education program.
Many of our volunteers are trained through the
Healing Beyond the Body Program to provide emotional support to patients and caregivers.
So on behalf of the ELLICSR team,
thank you to all of our amazing volunteers! Your work in supporting our programs and connecting with patients and their families bring a special touch to the Princess Margaret.